James Thomas McGlowan, II, M.D.
Dr. James T. McGlowan is a Board Certified Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, an administrator, clinician, researcher, lecturer and speaker with over 16 years of experience and expertise in his field. Currently Dr. McGlowan operates two practices: Arthroscopy Sports Medicine and Minimally Invasive Associates (ASMMIA) located in Whitman and Dorchester, MA.
Dr. McGlowan’s esteemed career` in clinical practice includes:
- NYU Medical Center, Resident, General Surgery;
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellow at the University of Massachusetts and University of Tennessee;
- State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Resident and Research Fellow; and
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, New York, Orthopedic Surgery House Officer and Research Fellow
Dr. McGlowan has a passion for helping all persons achieve work-life balance. Currently, Dr. McGlowan is conducting on-going research with Dr. Brenda Fellows on the impact of workplace stress on one’s person centeredness, wellness, wholeness and productivity. His forthcoming book, co-authored with Dr. Fellows, Size Matters: How stress, obesity, and fear in the workplace cause illness, low productivity, and high societal costs draws critical attention to the importance of one’s ability to create and maintain work-life balance through an overall healthy lifestyle and corporate America’s role in assisting employees by helping them reach their goals.
Dr. McGlowan appeared in the “Guide to America’s Top Orthopedist,” by Consumer’s Research Council of America in 2008 and 2009. He is recognized in Baltimore’s Who’s Who as one of the top Orthopedists and is a lifetime member. He was named “Physician of the Year,” by the Republican National Congress Committee and was “Chairman of Massachusetts” on Medical Issues for the Republican National Congress Committee in 2007. Further, Dr. McGlowan had an esteemed Fellowship with the Boston Red Sox in arthroscopy and sports medicine, 2001–2002 and was trained by the Physicians for the Buffalo Bills (NFL) and Buffalo Sabres (NHL), 1997–2001.
Dr. McGlowan’s memberships in Professional Societies include:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons;
- Fellow of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons;
- Diplomat of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons;
- Active Member of the Arthroscopic Association of North America;
- Alpha Epsilon Delta;
- Beta Beta Beta; and
- Sigma Tau Delta.
Back to Partners